With the cabinet resolution from 26th March 2019, the state of Saxony-Anhalt approved the updated framework for intelligent transport systems (ITS framework).
In this framework, the state documents its strategic considerations related to the research, introduction and use of intelligent transport systems, taking into account the interests of the parties affected.
The aim is to make the use of the regional transport infrastructure safer, more efficient, and more sustainable. In this context, the ITS-Framework addresses the various requirements and expectations of intelligent transport systems. It defines characteristics such as accessibility and inclusion, equal opportunities and equality, transparency, as well as sustainability and resource protection. In concrete terms, for the state this means:
- expanding the INSA passenger information system,
- providing information on intermodal travel chains and electronic booking options,
- improving the connection security between means of transport,
- providing information on transport conditions,
- preparing the state for automated and autonomous driving,
- increase transport safety,
- optimise transport management.