With the cabinet resolution from 26th March 2019, the state of Saxony-Anhalt approved the updated framework for intelligent transport systems (ITS framework).
Within said framework, the state documents its strategic considerations related to the research, introduction and use of intelligent transport systems, taking into account the interests of the parties affected.
The aim is to render the use of the regional transport infrastructure safer, more efficient, and more sustainable. In this regard, the ITS framework addresses the various requirements and expectations of intelligent transport systems. It establishes features such as accessibility and inclusion, equal opportunities and equality, transparency, and sustainability and resource protection. In concrete terms, for the state this means:
- expanding the passenger information system, INSA
- providing information on inter-model travel chains and electronic booking options
- further safeguarding connections
- providing information on transport conditions
- preparing the state for automated and autonomous driving
- increasing transport safety
- optimising transport management